Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day ~ Treats

I hadn't planned anything special for St. Patty's Day.
For goodness sake I haven't taken down our Valentine decorations, yet!
Yes, I know I am slacking.
The house should already be dressed up in pastel colors and bunny motifs for Spring and Easter.

We really have had a lot going on... surgeries, illness, upon illness, even a craft fair thrown in for added stress LOL

Feeling guilty about ignoring St Patrick's Day, I put together a couple quick festive treats for the kids last night.

Irish Soda Bread

The recipe is from All Recipes.
Since I didn't have buttermilk I used Martha's method for making your own using
1 1/3 whole milk mixed with 1/3 apple-cider vinegar
This gave me enough to mix in the recipe and some to brush on top of the loaf with melted butter.

Shamrock & Spring Flower Sugar Cookies


Another one from All Recipes (I couldn't live without that site)

~Patricia

No comments: